Injuries From Cycling Accidents Tend To Be Particularly Severe
Motorcycle and bicycle collisions can cause some of the most critical injuries even if a rider was wearing a helmet and other protective gear. Unlike a passenger or driver of an automobile, motorcycle and bicycle riders are exposed and are at greater risk of being harmed in a collision.
Motorcycle and bicycle injuries include:
- Neck Pain and Injury
- Back Pain and Injury
- Head Injuries / Concussions / Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken Bones, including ribs, wrists, and clavicle
- Burns, Scarring, and road rash
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Internal Bleeding
- Loss of Limbs / Amputation
- Wrongful death
Causes of Motorcycle and Bicycle Collisions
Oftentimes, motorcycle and bicycle riders are the first to be blamed when, in reality, the automobile driver who caused the collision is at fault. Many motorists tend to be unaware of cyclists around them and may be careless, especially when using their cellular phones. Other causes include:
- Unsafe lane changes: A driver risks colliding with a motorcyclist when he or she fails to check his or her blind spot or signal when changing lanes.
- Car doors: Some motorcycle accidents occur when a driver opens the door of their parked vehicle in the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Speeding: A leading cause of all types of auto accidents, speeding reduces a vehicle’s chance of seeing and reacting in time to prevent a collision
- Dangerous road conditions: Crumbling pavement, potholes, debris, and a lack of necessary signals and signs can all increase a rider’s chances of losing control of his or her bike or motorcycle. Unlike automobiles, motorcycles are more likely to lose control when faced with a dangerous road condition.
- Motorcycle defects: The manufacturer of a poorly designed or built motorcycle or bicycle part can be held liable for any injuries or deaths arising from use of the defective part.
Do not fight the insurance companies alone. If you or someone you know has suffered personal injuries from a motorcycle or bicycle accident, call the experienced injury attorneys at The Accident Pros today for a no-cost case evaluation to help you understand your legal rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. Let us help you get the peace of mind you deserve during these vulnerable times.