Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have become everyday transportation for people across California
As the popularity of Uber and Lyft grows year after year, and as the number of Uber and Lyft drivers grows, the number of injuries resulting from accidents involving rideshare drivers is on the rise.
While traveling using rideshare apps is convenient and cost-effective, it has created its fair share of new, unprecedented, and unanswered problems. Questions of liability may arise. Background checks of rideshare contractors are limited and may not filter out unsafe drivers. What happens when a driver, who is incentivized to drive for hours on end, rear ends you after 14 hours on the road?
If you were involved in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, you may have a case
People who may be entitled to recovery for their injuries include:
- Passengers: Individuals who had called for and were passengers in an rideshare vehicle may be entitled to compensation.
- Drivers: Drivers of other vehicles who were injured when struck by an rideshare driver;
- Third Party with Active Driver: Passengers or drivers of other vehicles that are struck by a rideshare vehicle,
- Third Party with Inactive Driver: You were hit by an inactive rideshare driver and were not using a rideshare service yourself
What to do if you were involved in a rideshare accident:
- Make sure you and your fellow riders are safe
- Call the police and, if necessary, emergency services
- Exchange vehicle information, insurance information, and contact information with the other driver
- Ask for the contact information of other passengers, drivers, and witnesses
- Document everything:
- Take photos of every automobile involved in the collision and the surrounding area
- Make a note of the intersection
- Call The Accident Pros
Do not take on the insurance companies alone. If you or someone you know has suffered personal injuries as a result of an accident with Uber, Lyft, or any other rideshare app, call the experienced injury attorneys at The Accident Pros today. Our experienced lawyers can offer you a no-cost case evaluation to help you understand your legal rights after these types of accidents, and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Let us help you get the peace of mind you deserve during these vulnerable times.